companyIf you have a demo, what's the url? Describe what your company does in 50 characters or less. What is your company going to make? Please describe your product and what it does or will do. Where do you live now, and where would the company be based after YC?
foundersPlease enter the url of a 1 minute unlisted (not private) YouTube video introducing the founder(s). Who writes code, or does other technical work on your product? Was any of it done by a non-founder? How long have the founders known one another and how did you meet? Have any of the founders not met in person? Please tell us about an interesting project, preferably outside of class or work, that two or more of you created together. Please tell us in one or two sentences about something impressive that each founder has built or achieved. Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
progressHow far along are you? How long have each of you been working on this? How much of that has been full-time? When will you have a prototype or beta? How many active users or customers do you have? How many are paying? Who is paying you the most, and how much do they pay you? We're interested in your revenue over the last several months. (Not cumulative and not GMV). Anything else you would like us to know regarding your revenue or growth rate? If you are applying with the same idea as a previous batch, did anything change? If you applied with a different idea, why did you pivot and what did you learn from the last idea? If you have already participated or committed to participate in an incubator, "accelerator" or "pre-accelerator" program, please tell us about it.
ideaWhy did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you're making? What's new about what you're making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn't exist yet (or they don't know about it)? Who are your competitors? What do you understand about your business that they don't? How do or will you make money? How much could you make? How do users find your product? How did you get the users you have now? If you run paid ads, what is your cost of acquisition?
equityHave you formed ANY legal entity yet? Please list all legal entities you have and in what state or country each was formed (e.g. Delaware C Corp, Mexican SAPI, Singapore Pvt Ltd, etc.). Please describe the breakdown of the equity ownership in percentages among the founders, employees and any other stockholders. If there are multiple founders, be sure to give the equity ownership of each founder and founder title (e.g. CEO). Have you taken any investment yet? How much money do you spend per month? How much money does your company have in the bank now? How long is your runway? Is there anything else we should know about your company?
othersIf you had any other ideas you considered applying with, please list them. One may be something we've been waiting for. Often when we fund people it's to do something they list here and not in the main application. Please tell us something surprising or amusing that one of you has discovered.
- MagicBell (W21) The notification inbox for web/mobile applications.
- Dendron (W21) Notion for Developers
- Metlo (S21) Open-source API security platform.
- Virtually (S20) Learner Analytics and Automations for Online Schools
- InEvent (S19) Virtual and hybrid B2B event platform
- Prolific (S19) Building the most powerful platform for research on the internet.
- OpenPhone (S18) The all-in-one business phone for teams.
- Slite (W18) Improving communication for remote and async teams.
- Goodly (S18) Student loan repayment as an employee benefit.
- Relationship Hero (S17) Dating & relationship coaching sessions for individuals and couples
- Simple Habit (W17) Simple Habit is the company behind the science-backed Sleep Reset…
- bxblue (S17) bxblue is a marketplace for people with guaranteed income in Brazil.…
- Paystack (W16) Modern payments infrastructure for Africa
- The Flex Company (S16) Modern period care.
- Mimir (S15) A platform for STEM courses featuring automated grading, plagiarism…
- Shotput (S15) Shotput (S15) develops AI and robotics to completely automate…
- 80,000 Hours (S15) An online guide that tells talented graduates how to maximise the…
- GitLab (W15) A complete DevOps platform delivered as a single application.
- Kash (S14) We are fixing how money works.
- Cruise (W14) Self-driving cars.
- SketchDeck (W14) Operating system for creative agencies
- Apptimize (S13) Apptimize lets mobile teams innovate faster to create an amazing user…
- Standard Treasury (S13) Banking APIs; acquired by Silicon Valley Bank in August 2015
- One Month (S13) One Month's affordable online bootcamps teach people how to code in…
- Lollipuff (W13) Online Auctions for Authentic (Women's) Designer Goods
- The Muse (W12) The Muse is values-based job search & hiring for 7M+ monthly
- Make School (W12) Make School is redesigning college for the 21st century. Students…
- FamilyLeaf (W12) Help families stay in touch
- OwnLocal (W10) OwnLocal automates marketing for over 129,000 SMBs through 3,300…
- Mixpanel (S09) Product analytics to help convert, engage, and retain more users.
- Dropbox (S07) Backup and share files in the cloud.