- Please enter the url of a 1 minute unlisted (not private) YouTube video introducing the founder(s).
- Who writes code, or does other technical work on your product? Was any of it done by a non-founder?
- How long have the founders known one another and how did you meet? Have any of the founders not met in person?
- Please tell us about an interesting project, preferably outside of class or work, that two or more of you created together.
- Please tell us in one or two sentences about something impressive that each founder has built or achieved.
- Please tell us about the time you most successfully hacked some (non-computer) system to your advantage.
- How far along are you?
- How long have each of you been working on this? How much of that has been full-time?
- When will you have a prototype or beta?
- How many active users or customers do you have? How many are paying? Who is paying you the most, and how much do they pay you?
- We're interested in your revenue over the last several months. (Not cumulative and not GMV).
- Anything else you would like us to know regarding your revenue or growth rate?
- If you are applying with the same idea as a previous batch, did anything change? If you applied with a different idea, why did you pivot and what did you learn from the last idea?
- If you have already participated or committed to participate in an incubator, "accelerator" or "pre-accelerator" program, please tell us about it.
- Why did you pick this idea to work on? Do you have domain expertise in this area? How do you know people need what you're making?
- What's new about what you're making? What substitutes do people resort to because it doesn't exist yet (or they don't know about it)?
- Who are your competitors? What do you understand about your business that they don't?
- How do or will you make money? How much could you make?
- How do users find your product? How did you get the users you have now? If you run paid ads, what is your cost of acquisition?
- Have you formed ANY legal entity yet?
- Please list all legal entities you have and in what state or country each was formed (e.g. Delaware C Corp, Mexican SAPI, Singapore Pvt Ltd, etc.).
- Please describe the breakdown of the equity ownership in percentages among the founders, employees and any other stockholders. If there are multiple founders, be sure to give the equity ownership of each founder and founder title (e.g. CEO).
- Have you taken any investment yet?
- How much money do you spend per month?
- How much money does your company have in the bank now?
- How long is your runway?
- Is there anything else we should know about your company?
We're interested in your revenue over the last several months. (Not cumulative and not GMV).
How 18 YC companies answered the "We're interested in your revenue over the last several months. (Not cumulative and not GMV)." question from the YCombinator Application.
- How much revenue?
- What is your monthly growth rate?
— 18 answers
Feb 2021: $150 Jan 2021: $0 Dec 2020: $0 Nov 2020: $0 Oct 2020: $0 Sep 2020: $0 Aug 2020: $0
Yes, we’ve generated $1,540 in income from these programs.
113,000 45,000 135,000 88,000 65,000 45,000
1 month ago: 320 2 months ago: 20 3 months ago: 20 4 months ago: 30 5 months ago: 0 6 months ago: 0
Simple Habit(W17)Full application
User growth rate was 95% last month ([redacted] MRR growth rate was [redacted]).
We made [redacted] last month in September. We make [redacted] as of today, so we're expecting to make [redacted] in October.
1 month ago - 2900.00 2 months ago - 2.1000 3 months ago - 1.500 4 months ago - 0 5 months ago - 0 6 months ago - 0
We are currently growing our waiting list at 10x, and transaction volume at 15x.
$1m annual Revenue Run Rate
About 60% in revenue each month.
$##,### Recurring Per Academic Semester
Our selling cycle is odd due to having to align ourselves with schools so instead of months we measure in Academic terms. In the two academic terms we have operated we have seen about 100% growth.
80,000 Hours(S15)Full application
Since 2012, we’ve raised over $700,000 in donations. Of this, about 30% comes from 20 former users. Our donors fund us in order to place more people in high-impact career paths. Historically, we’ve been able to raise $1500 per significant career shift. We’ve also started to charge users for one-on-one advice. Last month we earned about $1000.
~10% (website uniques)