Top 10 Sustainability Startup Investors in South KoreaA list of 10 angel investors and VC funds that invest in Sustainability startups based in South korea. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in Sustainability companies from South korea. We update this investor list every month.
Top 10 Sustainability Startup Investors in South Korea
The Hyundai Motor Company is a South Korean multinational automotive manufacturer. It has various vehicle lineups, brand vision, and global campaigns like clean mobility, sustainability, art, and sports partnership.The company was founded in 1967 and, along with its 32.8% owned subsidiary, Kia Motors, together comprise the Hyundai Motor Group,which is the world's fifth-largest automaker based on annual vehicle sales in 2012. In 2008, Hyundai Motor (without Kia) was ranked as the eighth largest automaker. As of 2012, the company sold over 4.4 million vehicles worldwide in that year, and together with Kia total sales were 7.12 million.Show more
- Transportation, Software, Hardware
- Series A, Corporate Round, Seed
- United States, Israel, South Korea
- H2 MOBILITY — H2 MOBILITY is a hydrogen filling station operator that offers consulting, planning, and construction services for hydrogen stations.
- MORAI — MORAI offers an accurate, true-to-life autonomous vehicle driving simulator.
- SES — Introducing the most mature, practical, and independently validated Li-Metal battery for electric vehicles (EVs).
Daesung Private Equity is a Korean venture capital firm offering investment, corporation restructuring, and incubation services.Show more
- Software, Mobile, Apps
- Series A, Series B, Funding Round
- South Korea, India
- Zamface — Zackdang Company, operator of beauty video app Zamface.
- True Balance — Personal loan for Gig-economy worker (Uber, Zomato, Ola, Swiggy...etc) and Salary. Truebalance
- MakinaRocks — Founded in December 2017, MakinaRocks is a startup specializing in industrial machine intelligence solutions. The company develops industrial AI solutions and a machine learning platform. MakinaRocks’s solutions mitigate the challenges of industries sites—optimizing production quality and process efficiency of the automotive, energy, semiconductor,and battery sectors. Built for ML engineers, MakinaRocks’s end-to-end ML platform covers integral machine learning and model development processes, enhancing while simplifying the transition to AI.
Strong Ventures is a seed fund, based in California, that finances, supports, and mentors Korean/Asian/Global entrepreneurs, empowering them to build strong ventures and to break successfully into the global market.With proven experience as operators, executives, and entrepreneurs, they provide hands-on assistance and guidance. On topof their financial investment, they aim to provide tangible value to their entrepreneurs, through network reach, strategic thinking, and execution collaboration. And, as they engage together in their venture endeavors, they hope to make the entrepreneurial ecosystem, where they build companies and labor in, a better, stronger, and more fun place for all.Show more
- Software, Media and Entertainment, Commerce/Shopping
- Seed, Series A, Pre-Seed
- South Korea, United States, Poland
IMO Ventures is a privately held venture capital and seed investing company across China and the US.Show more
- Software, Science/Engineering, AI
- Seed, Series A, Angel
- China, United States, Singapore
- NFTEye — NFTEye is an all-in-one platform that provides both deep analytics and professional trading suites. With NFTEye Analytics, customers can identify potential opportunities through hot mints, trending collections, bluechip index, and other valuable metrics & signals. NFTEye Trading Suites also provide services like real-time Sniper, SmartBidding, Smart Minting, etc., to help traders capture the potential opportunities. Our vision is to make NFT trading more intelligent for both professional and retail investors.
- META Pharmaceuticals — META Pharmaceuticals is a cutting-edge drug development company specializing in autoimmune diseases.
- BeyondTrucks — Vertical SaaS
Falcon Partners is a leading private equity and venture capital investment firm licensed by the Securities and Futures Commission (SFC) headquartered in Hong Kong with offices in Shenzhen and Shanghai. Founded by former investors at institutions such as Warburg Pincus, Apax Partners, Capital Group, Goldman Sachs and JPMorgan, Falcon partners withexceptional management teams to build enduring, category-defining businesses over the long-term by providing value-added capital and strategic support at all stages of the company’s development – from pre-seed to pre-IPO. Returns from our investments have reflected the success of this approach, with portfolio companies backed by Falcon at the pre-seed stage raising over US$500 million in follow on investments at unicorn valuations, and later-stage companies achieving rapid growth across Asia and attaining valuations well north of US$1 billion. Falcon primarily focuses on high impact innovation areas such as AI/machine learning, consumer, e-commerce, education, and pharma life-sciences in the China Greater Bay Area. See lessShow more
- Other, Sports, Transportation
- South Korea
- GetLinks — GetLinks is a platform and ecosystem connecting tech talents to opportunities across Asia.
- Gbike — Gbike is a mobility sharing startup in Korea, innovating green urban mobility in Korea where currently car-centric environment. Our service includes bike and scooter sharing with IT services specialized for Korean market with 50MM population.
- KLOOK — Klook is a developer of travel activities and services booking platform designed to connect travelers with experiences. With Klook’s innovative technologies, travelers can book on-the-go and redeem the services by using QR code-enabled e-vouchers. Each day, Klook empowers countless travelers to indulge in their wanderlust and spontaneity throughover 100,000 offerings in more than 400 destinations.The company was founded in 2014 and is headquartered in Hong Kong.
LG Technology Ventures is the venture capital investment arm of the LG Group. LG Technology Ventures was established in 2018, and its team consists of experienced investors, entrepreneurs, technologists, and industry domain experts. Currently, LG Technology Ventures is managing over $400 million of fund assets and invests in early-stage start-ups in artificial intelligence, mobility, advanced materials, life-sciences, next generation display, mobile, and 5G.Show more
- Software, Hardware, Science/Engineering
- Series A, Series B, Funding Round
- United States, Israel, Canada
- Element Energy — Element Energy, a startup with technology that significantly improves the performance, lifetime, reliability and cost of large battery packs used in a wide range of applications including stationary and renewable energy storage and hybrid and electric vehicles.
- AmazeVR — AmazeVR is a virtual concert platform for the highest quality VR content creation and mass distribution. We're providing an end-to-end solution for a radical new way to experience immersive music content with our proprietary technologies—from ultra-high-resolution custom cameras to cloud-based creation tools, to intuitive social interactionswith friends as avatars.As we vertically integrate distribution channels, artists will reach a broad audience with AmazeVR through offline distribution (Amaze Tour) complying the COVID-19 safety measures and online distribution (Amaze Music app and other media including YouTube, TikTok, and Twitch).AmazeVR was founded in 2015 by the founders and former executives of Kakao, a $27B market cap mobile platform company.
- Jadu — Jadu is a mobile app that allows fans to perform alongside holograms of their favorite musicians and performers.
SK telecom is dedicated to developing advanced telecommunications technologies for the mobile lifestyle.In the rapidly changing global telecommunications market, SK Telecom has established a global eco-system by forming strategic alliances with Asia's leading information communications operators. In addition, they actively participate in avariety of international cooperation activities with overseas telecommunication institutions, as well as international organizations including the ITU, PTC and CDG, and more. Through such efforts, they continue to reinforce their global competency, and reach out to the world.Show more
- Hardware, Software, Science/Engineering
- Funding Round, Series C, Series A
- South Korea, United States, China
- HAEGIN — HAEGIN is a game development company.
- Neubility — Neubility innovates delivery industry with self-driving delivery robots and redefines how things are delivered within cities. Starting from one of the most densely populated cities in Asia, Neubility provides reliable and affordable robot delivery service with vision-based localization and self-driving technology. Founded in 2017, the company isbased on Seoul, where thousands of deliveries are completed every second.
- Morph Interactive — Morph Interactive provides augmented reality, virtual reality and motion graphics services.
The Korea Development Bank (KDB) provides long-term financing for projects designed to assist Koreaâ€:tm:s economic growth and development. It offers equipment capital loans and working capital loans to Korean private enterprises that undertake major industrial projects. The bank also extends guarantees to its clients to facilitate their otherborrowings and to finance major industrial projects. KDB guarantees Won-denominated corporate debentures, local currency loans, and other Won liabilities and foreign currency loans from domestic and overseas Korean financial institutions and from foreign institutions. The bankâ€:tm:s other activities include engagement in a range of industrial development activities, including conducting economic and industrial research; performing engineering surveys; providing business analyses and managerial assistance; and offering trust services. As of June 30, 2007, KDB had 40 local branches, 6 overseas branches, and 2 overseas offices. The bank was founded in 1954 and is headquartered in Seoul, South Korea.Show more
- Software, Science/Engineering, Data and Analytics
- Series A, Series B, Funding Round
- South Korea, China, India
- Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Sustainability
- South Korea
- Green Whale Global — Green Whale Global is company based in Korea and Vietnam specializing in manufacturing bioplastic polymers. We offer an environmentally friendly alternative to petrolium based plastics to help reduce pollution.