Top 5 Startup Investors in Sierra LeoneA list of 5 angel investors and VC funds that invest in startups based in Sierra leone. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in companies from Sierra leone. We update this investor list every month.
Top 5 Startup Investors in Sierra Leone
Acumen is a nonprofit venture fund that invests in early-stage companies bringing critical services like agriculture, clean energy, education, financial inclusion, healthcare and workforce development to low-income communities in 14 countries across East and West Africa, South Asia, Latin America, and the United States. Since 2001, Acumeninvested $128 million in 128 companies that have transformed the lives of over 308 million low-income people.Show more
- Financial Services, Health Care, Agriculture
- Seed, Funding Round, Series A
- United States, India, Kenya
- GramVaani — Gram Vaani [meaning 'voice of the village'] is a social tech company based at IIT-Delhi. Their objective is to reverse the flow of information, that is, to make it bottom-up instead of top-down, by helping connect communities with companies/governments/dev agencies. Using simple technologies and social context to design tools,Gram Vaani has been able to impact communities- more than 2 million users in over 15 Indian States, Afghanistan, Pakistan, Namibia and South Africa.
- Haqdarshak — Haqdarshak is a technology-enabled platform working to transform how Indian citizens learn about, apply for, and benefit from, government schemes. The company is composed of a group of passionate social entrepreneurs using technology to impact the next billion. The team comprises of individuals from diverse background who have come together out ofcommon interest and passion. The investor community represents individuals holding prestigious positions in different companies across various sectors.
- SokoFresh — SokoFresh An Award winning social enterprise that is addressing post harvest loss issues through a cooling as a service proposition coupled with a market linkage service to small holder farmers and aggregators. SokoFresh An Award winning social enterprise that is addressing post harvest loss issues through a cooling as a service proposition coupled with a
We are one of the few social impact investors committed to deploying capital to the most underserved markets in the world.Show more
- Manufacturing, Consumer Goods, Food Processing
- Debt Financing
- Sierra Leone
- Capitol Foods — Capitol Foods is a food and beverage manufacturer of healthy fruit juices under the Sierra juice brand.
FMO is a financial investment firm that specializes in financing businesses and projects FMO invests across the agribusiness value chain to enhance food security, support sustainability and promoting inclusive development.Show more
- Financial Services, Finance, FinTech
- Debt Financing, Series B, Funding Round
- India, The Netherlands, Kenya
- Laprophan — Laprophan gives people access to cutting-edge treatments and therapies. As a result, we are committed to researching, developing, and bringing new, innovative goods to market. dedication to patient-centered care pervades everything we do, from product creation to service delivery.
- AMEA Power — Founded in 2016, AMEA Power has assembled a leading team of global industry experts to deliver clean energy projects across Africa, the Middle East and other emerging markets.
- Northern Arc — Northern Arc Capital is a non-banking finance company that provides access to debt for under-served investors and businesses. Northern Arc Capita connects originators so that they may deepen their presence and provide access to financial services to millions of under-served households. Northern Arc Capital formerly Known as IFMR Capital. It wasfounded in 2008 and is headquartered in Chennai, India.
Triodos is a global pioneer of sustainable banking. Their mission is to make money work for positive social, environmental and cultural change.Show more
- Financial Services, FinTech, Energy
- Debt Financing, Funding Round, Series A
- India, Germany, Kenya
- Sunvigo — Sunvigo provides you with cheap solar power from your roof and real green power from the grid.
- Lulalend — Financial provider for SME business banking accounts, business funding, and trade capital in South Africa. Do not delay. Click now to learn more and start today!
- EINHUNDERT Energy — EINHUNDERT Energy develops smart services around green and digital energy supply, with the complete package of tenant electricity and transparent energy billing for tenants and entrepreneurs who want to benefit from green electricity, solar energy, and consistent cost transparency. The company offers the complete package for tenant electricityincluding planning, installation, operation, and maintenance of a photovoltaic system, supplying the tenants on site with low-cost solar energy and monthly bill on the real power consumption.The company monitors the power consumption from buildings through its app. Through the app, tenants can have their consumption transparent and under control. Property managers have the general stream in mind. The digital billing solution via app can seamlessly integrate vast range of technologies, from heat and water billing through smoke detectors to heat pumps and e-charging stations.EINHUNDERT Energy was founded on 2017 and is headquartered in Cologne, Germany.
British International Investment is the UK's development finance institution. We've been at the forefront of supporting companies in developing countries for more than 70 years.Show more
- Financial Services, Banking, Finance
- Funding Round, Debt Financing, Series B
- India, Nigeria, Kenya
- Ecom Express — Get express delivery courier services from Ecom Express, the best courier companies in India, and deliver your packages safely and on time to your customers.
- Jingsil Intelligent — Jingsil Intelligent is dedicated to digital power distribution switches and intelligent power distribution management software systems.
- Paymob — Paymob runs millions of transactions for different business sizes across the Middle East and Africa. Start using Paymob’s solutions and API’s to accept and send payments for your online business now.
Investors by country
United Arab Emirates
Isle of Man