Top 10 Startup Investors in ZimbabweA list of 10 angel investors and VC funds that invest in startups based in Zimbabwe. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in companies from Zimbabwe. We update this investor list every month.
Top 10 Startup Investors in Zimbabwe
Aster is a Venture Capital firm with offices in 4 major innovation hubs: Paris, London, Tel Aviv and San Francisco. Since 2000, they have partnered with more than 60 teams of entrepreneurs that are transforming markets with disruptive offers and technologies. They are always open to exploring new ideas related to mobility, energy and industrysectors that they have been covering until now. They invest in all stages, with a preference for the early phase.They are more than investors and they intend to act as an ally for entrepreneurs by connecting them to a valuable ecosystem of experts, influencers and business leaders. From marketing to executive talent, their commitment to the growth of their portfolio companies as well as the entire venture ecosystem also involves the commitment of their dedicated Operations team, their innovation strategy consulting firm (Aster Fab) and a crowdfunding branch to further expand opportunities (Aster Crowd).Some of their success stories include Solairedirect (acquired by Engie in 2015), Digital Lumens (acquired by Osram in 2017) and Avantium (IPOed in 2017).Show more
- Software, Energy, Solar
- Series A, Funding Round, Series B
- France, United States, United Kingdom
- FINALCAD — Finalcad is a construction software management specialist. We help on buildings, infrastructure and energy projects. We cover the whole construction lifecycle.
- DCbrain — DCbrain helps Datacenters teams to run and optimize their buildings. They provide a systemic view of their systems displaying a dynamic map of all datacenter flows (energy, chilled water ...) and dynamic expert dashboards.
- Warehousing1 — Warehousing1 is building the number one warehousing and distribution network in Europe. Companies can utilize the innovative platform to find ideal warehousing solutions anywhere, manage them digitally and optimize processes by gaining real-time visibility and data transparency.
Proparco is devoted to private sector funding in the sustainable development sector.Show more
- Financial Services, Finance, Energy
- Debt Financing, Funding Round, Seed
- India, Kenya, Mauritius
- dru — dru is the Middle East and Africa's (MEA) first patient-centric, digitally-enabled lifestyle and diabetes management platform. dru aids the prevention and management of Diabetes, Pre-diabetes, and Obesity- serving millions in Egypt and across MEA and harnessing cutting-edge technology and an extensive network of providers. By usingdru's app, users can keep track and continuously monitor their blood sugar and blood pressure levels. dru users also have a full and organized record of their medications, lab and radiology results by logging them all in dru’s digital logbook intended for all types of medical records. One of the very unique features of dru is that it can connect its users to a wide array of monitoring devices, including continuous glucose monitoring. The insight dru users have access to as a result of dru’s features enables them to attain full 360 degree visibility over their health and state of wellbeing. dru’s round-the-clock medical support team are also available through the in-app's chat feature to answer all user queries and to connect users with a wide network of providers that are specialized in their cases.dru is now available for users, patients and patient caregivers to download on the Apple Store and on Google Play. dru was launched in 2023 by Almouneer, the leading digital transformation platform revolutionizing healthcare for patients and doctors across MEA.
- Almouneer — Healthcare, Diabetes, Practice Management, Technology
- Husk Power Systems — Hybrid Power Plant and Distribution Network Company
Oui Capital is an Africa-focused VC firm backing tech-enabled businesses at the pre-seed & seed stage.Show more
- Transportation, Information Technology, B2B
- Pre-Seed, Seed, Funding Round
- Kenya, Nigeria, United States
- Duplo — We enable businesses across Africa to simplify their payment flows.
- Ndovu — Secure your investments in both local and global financial markets on ndovu - a secure, affordable, hassle-free online investment platform in Africa designed to work your money
- Maad — Maad is Francophone Africa's fastest-growing B2B marketplace, based in Dakar, Senegal. Our tech-driven solution allows retailers to order products from our one-stop shop and benefit from working capital loans
Savannah Fund is a seed capital fund specializing in US$25,000-US$500,000 investments in early stage high growth technology (web and mobile) startups in sub-Saharan Africa. Initially focused on East Africa, the fund aims to bridge the early stage/angel and venture capital investment gap that currently exists in Africa. The Fund expects toachieve this objective by combining capital with mentor networks both in the region and from Silicon Valley via an accelerator program and a follow-on independent seed fund.The fund is managed by an experienced and technology savvy team that have founded companies or are actively involved in angel investing or having run successful accelerator programs in past but also understand the unique Subsaharan African environment. They are backed and supported by both local, regional and international networks of angels,venture capitalists whose expertise we can draw on to help startups succeed and scale to fully fledged regional or global companies.They believe in the potential for Africa to become a global technology innovator by creating sustainable for profit companies that create jobs and make an impact.Show more
- E-Commerce, FinTech, Information Technology
- Seed, Series A, Pre-Seed
- Kenya, United States, South Africa
- Oze — OZÉ brings African small businesses into the digital era. It is an app that makes it easy for businesses to track sales, expenses, and customer information. The data is analyzed to provide tailored recommendations, reports, and business education. If the entrepreneur needs a little extra support, an OZÉ Coach is just a click away. As they are usingOZÉ to manage their business and learn how to run it better, we are learning about them. Using this data and machine learning, we can predict their credit risk and provide them with affordable capital from our banking partners. With over 20,000 registered users, OZÉ is the largest online community of SMEs in Ghana. The most exciting thing is that OZÉ works; 97% of businesses that have used OZE for at least 9 months are growing or profitable or both!
- Root — Launch digital and embedded insurance solutions with omni-channel distribution.
- Afropolitan — Afropolitan is building a Network State to unleash the maximum potential of Africans around the world. Are you interested? Join us with your email.
Energy Access Ventures invests in growing, entrepreneurial businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa addressing the lack of electrification in the region with new technology and innovative business models. The fund is backed by Schneider Electric, the leading energy management multinational, and a number of public-sector investors.Show more
- Solar, Energy, Renewable Energy
- Series A, Seed, Convertible Note
- Kenya, United States, Ghana
- Cavex — Cavex provides Carbon credits made transparent and efficiency.
- SunCulture — At SunCulture, we strive to solve the biggest daily challenges of smallholder farmers. We use off-grid solar technology to provide our customers with reliable access to water, irrigation, lighting, and mobile charging, and we can do all of that with a single system.
- Solarise Africa — Solarise Africa is a pan African energy leasing company for solar PV and other energy assets focusing on Commercial and Industrial (C&I) clients. Its business model is designed for scalability. Solarise Africa focuses on providing smart financing through close collaboration with a selected group of partners across solar and other renewableenergy technologies. For solar PV it is focusing on captive rooftop and ground mounted solar projects ranging from 100kW to 3MW. It is currently active in Kenya, looking to open in South Africa and has plans to expand into East, Southern and West Africa.
InfraCo seeks to fund and develop projects in sectors or geographies where the private sector would not otherwise work at such an early stage, seeking to exit its projects to private sector developers/financiers once project viability has been demonstrated, normally at or shortly before financial close. InfraCo will not compete directly withthe private sector but seeks to mobilise private sector involvement by bearing the time and cost risk of front end project development in order to mobilise private sector investment.Show more
- Electric Vehicle, AgTech, Energy
- Seed, Funding Round
- India, Kenya, France
- Zembo — Discover Zembo - The African Electric Motorcycle. High-performance electric bikes designed for sustainability.
- Africa GreenCo — Our mission - addressing creditworthiness to increase generation and growth of renewable energy markets through partnerships and innovative solutions.
- Mobility for Africa — Mobility for Africa produces electric tricycles, bicycles, and other small vehicles that are affordable, high-quality, and sustainable.
Vakayi Capital supports outstanding entrepreneurs providing essential services in Zimbabwe. Vakayi is uniquely positioned in Zimbabwe to tap into the exceptional investment opportunities in businesses with proven business models, strong growth prospects and the potential to significantly create jobs and impact the lives of low-income people. Theteam’s experience and extensive business network generates a robust deal flow for capital deployment in the clean energy, housing, education and healthcare sectors. Currently, Vakayi is the only fund in Zimbabwe focused on supporting small businesses.Show more
- Industrial, Real Estate
- Funding Round
- Homelux — Homelux is one of the leading property development companies in Zimbabwe and will deploy the funds towards the development of residential stands in the Tynwald suburb area of Harare.
Africa's Climate Venture Builder - We believe in the power of climate-positive economic development in Africa. For the last decade, we have been working hand in hand with exceptional entrepreneurs, investing both financial and human capital to build successful climate ventures on the continent. Our companies offer competitive financial returns required to drive lasting impact.Show more
- Energy, Solar, Software
- Seed, Series B, Funding Round
- Nigeria, Senegal, Zimbabwe
- Oolu — Oolu is the fastest growing off-grid solar company West Africa. Our Vision is to be the leading energy and financial service provider to millions of customers in the developing world.Our model, developed with local communities, allows us to reach off-grid households in rural villages offering them modern energy access. With a monthly paymentmodel reducing barriers to access, as well as maintenance, parts and battery replacements included in our service, we save our clients money and assure them a continuous, dependable source of energy. In Wolof, a national language of Senegal, Oolu means ‘trust’. By building trust with the communities in which we work, we can grow together.
- Ecobodaa —
- Beacon Power Services — Beacon Power Services is a utility company that provides energy management software and analytics for utilities.
Launch Africa is a leading Pan-African VC fund solving the significant funding gap in the Seed and pre-Series A investment landscape in Africa.Show more
- Financial Services, FinTech, Information Technology
- Seed, Funding Round, Pre-Seed
- Nigeria, South Africa, Kenya
- Susu — Susu is a dynamic and innovative company that offers a wide range of health services for families in the African diaspora. Susu provides a complete offer on Preventive care, Medical treatments, Management of chronic diseases, and Authentic drugs.
- Lengo — Lengo is an AI based intelligence platform that offers a large database on consumer goods for companies in the FMCG sector.
- Fixit45 — Your best ever automobile service experience awaits you.
- Payitup — I found a great domain name for sale on Dan.com. Check it out!
Investors by country
United Arab Emirates
Isle of Man