Top 5 Startup Investors in ZimbabweA list of 5 angel investors and VC funds that invest in startups based in Zimbabwe. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in companies from Zimbabwe. We update this investor list every month.
Top 5 Startup Investors in Zimbabwe
Energy Access Ventures invests in growing, entrepreneurial businesses in Sub-Saharan Africa addressing the lack of electrification in the region with new technology and innovative business models. The fund is backed by Schneider Electric, the leading energy management multinational, and a number of public-sector investors.Show more
- Solar, Energy, Renewable Energy
- Series A, Seed, Convertible Note
- Kenya, United States, Ghana
- SunCulture — At SunCulture, we strive to solve the biggest daily challenges of smallholder farmers. We use off-grid solar technology to provide our customers with reliable access to water, irrigation, lighting, and mobile charging, and we can do all of that with a single system.
- Solarise Africa — Solarise Africa is a pan African energy leasing company for solar PV and other energy assets focusing on Commercial and Industrial (C&I) clients. Its business model is designed for scalability. Solarise Africa focuses on providing smart financing through close collaboration with a selected group of partners across solar and other renewableenergy technologies. For solar PV it is focusing on captive rooftop and ground mounted solar projects ranging from 100kW to 3MW. It is currently active in Kenya, looking to open in South Africa and has plans to expand into East, Southern and West Africa.
- InspiraFarms — InspiraFarms provides on-and-near farm, grid & solar powered Cold Rooms & Packhouses for agribusinesses & distributors. Reduce energy costs & food losses!
Savannah Fund is a seed capital fund specializing in US$25,000-US$500,000 investments in early stage high growth technology (web and mobile) startups in sub-Saharan Africa. Initially focused on East Africa, the fund aims to bridge the early stage/angel and venture capital investment gap that currently exists in Africa. The Fund expects toachieve this objective by combining capital with mentor networks both in the region and from Silicon Valley via an accelerator program and a follow-on independent seed fund.The fund is managed by an experienced and technology savvy team that have founded companies or are actively involved in angel investing or having run successful accelerator programs in past but also understand the unique Subsaharan African environment. They are backed and supported by both local, regional and international networks of angels,venture capitalists whose expertise we can draw on to help startups succeed and scale to fully fledged regional or global companies.They believe in the potential for Africa to become a global technology innovator by creating sustainable for profit companies that create jobs and make an impact.Show more
- E-Commerce, FinTech, Information Technology
- Seed, Series A, Pre-Seed
- Kenya, United States, South Africa
- Afropolitan — Afropolitan is building a Network State to unleash the maximum potential of Africans around the world. Are you interested? Join us with your email.
- Oze — OZÉ brings African small businesses into the digital era. It is an app that makes it easy for businesses to track sales, expenses, and customer information. The data is analyzed to provide tailored recommendations, reports, and business education. If the entrepreneur needs a little extra support, an OZÉ Coach is just a click away. As they are usingOZÉ to manage their business and learn how to run it better, we are learning about them. Using this data and machine learning, we can predict their credit risk and provide them with affordable capital from our banking partners. With over 20,000 registered users, OZÉ is the largest online community of SMEs in Ghana. The most exciting thing is that OZÉ works; 97% of businesses that have used OZE for at least 9 months are growing or profitable or both!
- Root — Programmable insurance that you can integrate into your product or service with ease
Africa's Climate Venture Builder - We believe in the power of climate-positive economic development in Africa. For the last decade, we have been working hand in hand with exceptional entrepreneurs, investing both financial and human capital to build successful climate ventures on the continent. Our companies offer competitive financial returns required to drive lasting impact.Show more
- Energy, Solar, Software
- Seed, Series B, Funding Round
- Nigeria, Senegal, Zimbabwe
- Beacon Power Services — Beacon Power Services is a utility company that provides energy management software and analytics for utilities.
- Ecobodaa —
- Oolu — Oolu is the fastest growing off-grid solar company West Africa. Our Vision is to be the leading energy and financial service provider to millions of customers in the developing world.Our model, developed with local communities, allows us to reach off-grid households in rural villages offering them modern energy access. With a monthly paymentmodel reducing barriers to access, as well as maintenance, parts and battery replacements included in our service, we save our clients money and assure them a continuous, dependable source of energy. In Wolof, a national language of Senegal, Oolu means ‘trust’. By building trust with the communities in which we work, we can grow together.
Aster is a Venture Capital firm with offices in 4 major innovation hubs: Paris, London, Tel Aviv and San Francisco. Since 2000, they have partnered with more than 60 teams of entrepreneurs that are transforming markets with disruptive offers and technologies. They are always open to exploring new ideas related to mobility, energy and industrysectors that they have been covering until now. They invest in all stages, with a preference for the early phase.They are more than investors and they intend to act as an ally for entrepreneurs by connecting them to a valuable ecosystem of experts, influencers and business leaders. From marketing to executive talent, their commitment to the growth of their portfolio companies as well as the entire venture ecosystem also involves the commitment of their dedicated Operations team, their innovation strategy consulting firm (Aster Fab) and a crowdfunding branch to further expand opportunities (Aster Crowd).Some of their success stories include Solairedirect (acquired by Engie in 2015), Digital Lumens (acquired by Osram in 2017) and Avantium (IPOed in 2017).Show more
- Software, Energy, Solar
- Series A, Funding Round, Series B
- France, United States, United Kingdom
- DCbrain — DCbrain helps Datacenters teams to run and optimize their buildings. They provide a systemic view of their systems displaying a dynamic map of all datacenter flows (energy, chilled water ...) and dynamic expert dashboards.
- FINALCAD — Finalcad is a construction software management specialist. We help on buildings, infrastructure and energy projects. We cover the whole construction lifecycle.
- Warehousing1 — Warehousing1 is building the number one warehousing and distribution network in Europe. Companies can utilize the innovative platform to find ideal warehousing solutions anywhere, manage them digitally and optimize processes by gaining real-time visibility and data transparency.
Proparco is devoted to private sector funding in the sustainable development sector.Show more
- Financial Services, Finance, Energy
- Funding Round, Debt Financing, Series B
- India, Kenya, Mauritius
- Sabesp — Sabesp is a Brazilian company that engages in providing basic sanitation services such as distribution of treated water, collection, and treatment of sewage. It is currently responsible for supplying water and collecting and treating sewage in the 367 municipalities of São Paulo state. It supplies 27.9 million people with water and provides sewagecollection services to 21.5 million people.Sabesp was founded in 1973 and is headquartered in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Nuru — Nuru is a solar hybrid site. Nuru (Swahili for "light") is a company dedicated to enhancing connectivity in the Democratic Republic of Congo. Nuru deployed Congo's first solar-based mini-grid in 2017 and is currently constructing a 1.3MW solar hybrid site in Goma, the largest off-grid mini-grid in sub-Saharan Africa.Nuru is arenewable and environment company that specializes in the fields of storage micro-grids and solar energy. The company deployed Congo's first solar-based mini-grid in 2017 and is currently constructing a 1.3MW solar hybrid site in Goma.Nuru was founded in 2015 and headquartered in Goma, Nord-Kivu, Congo.
- TUHF — TUHF provides commercial & residential property development finance loans in South Africa. Contact us for property development investment or loans to buy residential property.
Investors by country
United Arab Emirates
Isle of Man