Top 10 Startup Investors in AzerbaijanA list of 10 angel investors and VC funds that invest in startups based in Azerbaijan. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in companies from Azerbaijan. We update this investor list every month.
Top 10 Startup Investors in Azerbaijan
- Seed, Funding Round
- D’arzi — D’arzi is a social platform for tailors and dress-makers to create appropriate model in few clicks measuring body sizes for clothing by using designer-constructor software. In addition, it allows customers to place an order for that tailored product.
- TaskPal — Taskpal is a task management tool
- Customar LLC — CustomAR is a professional team with a straight vision and innovative touch, deeply-rooted in the digital community. They go beyond the development process to ensure product success. They help their clients to market, scale and improve their product ideas. They are technological craftsmen.
SABAH.lab is a startup acceleration center focused on helping startups get through idea validation, MVP production, and fundraising. We aim to establish a flourishing startup ecosystem in Azerbaijan and the region.Show more
- AzAstro Technologies — We program drones to gain the most accurate aerial data intelligence for both private and public sector organizations
- Perkskit — Perkskit believe now it is a great opportunity to transform the corporate perks system and to help employees feel more appreciated. We empower businesses to create a streamlined employee experience to maximize HR investments and drive core business results.
Caucasus Ventures is a venture capital firm.Show more
- Artificial Intelligence, Information Technology, Financial Services
- Seed, Pre-Seed
- United States, Georgia, Azerbaijan
- Cargon — Cargon is an online freight forwarding solution, which connects shippers with carriers.
- Push30 — Push30 is a mobile fitness application which provides corporate benefits to its users providing unlimited access to gyms and fitness venues with a single membership. The goal of the application is to restructure the fitness industry, encourage fitness culture in Azerbaijan and become a household name for fitness across the country.
- Money.Industries — Money.Industries is a technology and partner network solution that allows financial institutions and fintech firms to build cross-border money transfer and payment agreements with a wide range of countries.
The aim of Daal is to create excellent opportunities for investment by providing mentorship and business development insights to companies within the IT space.Show more
- E-Commerce, Software, SaaS
- Seed, Convertible Note, Pre-Seed
- United Arab Emirates, Egypt, Mexico
- Ogram — Ogram provides temporary and part-time staffing solutions for business that are looking to grow and improve their workflow. Hire Waiters, Runners, Kitchen Staff, Retail Staff, Warehouse Staff, E-Pickers and more.
- Ordera — Ordera is a mobile application focusing on enhancing the pick-up (takeaway) experience in the F&B industry, using Ordera people will be able to place and pay for their orders before their arrival to the venue and pick them up on the go in less than 30 seconds whether from the store or even from their cars like a virtual drive-thru. And with ourbuilt-in loyalty program, the more people use the application the more free-stuff they collect from their favorite venues. On the other hand, Ordera helps venue owners to increase their sales, know their customers, and maintain their loyal ones!
- Pulppo — Pulppo is the first Tech Enabled broker for Latin America. We partner with the best brokers in the region and empower them with tools, technology and resources to create a simple and transparent buying process. Pulppo was founded by Agustin Iglesias, former GM of Inmuebles24 and founder of Tokko Broker (Acquired by Navent) and Matias Gath, formerGM of Glovo in Argentina and founder of Kadabra (acquired by Glovo).
Advent Venture Partners is one of Europe's most successful growth and venture capital investors in market-leading tech and life sciences businesses. They have designed their strategy, teams and funds so they can focus on backing a select few companies. They pride their selves on establishing true partnerships with entrepreneurs in order tobuild valuable businesses together.Show more
- Biotechnology, Health Care, Software
- Series B, Series A, Funding Round
- United Kingdom, United States, Switzerland
- Wiz — Organizations of all sizes and industries use Wiz to rapidly identify and remove the most critical risks in AWS, Azure, GCP, and Kubernetes so they can build faster and more securely.
- WorldStores — Established in 2008, Worldstores is now the UK’s largest online home & garden retailer. Offering unparalleled choice, value for money, customer service and a range of convenient delivery options, Worldstores is renowned as one of the UK's most exciting e-commerce success stories.ACHICA, the luxury flash-sale business, and baby specialistKiddicare also form part of the Worldstores Group and play a key part in the ambitious plans for Worldstores Group in becoming a household name in the home and garden market.
- Acutus Medical — Acutus Medical develops medical technologies to treat complex cardiac arrhythmia. The company's platform displays the heart’s true activation pattern, turning the chaos of a complex arrhythmia into a clear vision for electrophysiologists.Acutus Medical is a privately funded company founded in 2011 and based in Carlsbad, California. Itsproducts are co-developed in the U.S. and Europe with an exceptional team of medical scientists, biomedical engineers, and other professionals.It was founded in 2011 and headquartered in Carlsbad, California.
Rene Reinsberg is the Co-Founder and President of Celo.Show more
- Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Software
- Seed, Pre-Seed, Series A
- United States, Canada, Israel
- ValuesCo — Socialstack is a community of creative leaders, creators, & developers co-creating community-driven economies that run on carbon negative blockchain infrastructure.
- Bitmama — Bitmama is the best cryptocurrency trading platform that lets you buy, sell Bitcoin, ETH, Celo, USDT, XRP, and more. Available in Nigeria & over 100 countries.
- Capsule Wallets — At Capsule, we thrive on challenging the design of products we use every day. In doing so, we hope to introduce you to a simpler way of living.
John Hawkins is a Managing Partner and co-founder of Generation Partners, a private equity firm that provides growth capital to technology-enabled services companies through buyout and minority equity investments. Through Generation and predecessor firms, John has 25 years of experience in private equity investing.Prior to founding Generation in1995, John was a General Partner of Burr, Egan, Deleage & Co., a venture capital firm which he joined in 1987. At Burr, Egan, Deleage, John invested mainly in telecommunications, data communications, software, and business services companies.Prior to this, John worked in the Corporate Finance Department of Alex Brown & Sons, Inc. in San Francisco, where he advised information technology companies in the areas of financial strategy, public offerings and mergers & acquisitions.Earlier, John was a publishing research analyst covering information technology companies for Woodman, Kirkpatrick & Gilbreath an investment bank which was subsequently purchased by Hambrecht & Quist.In addition to Captivate Network, John has served on the Board of Directors of over 20 companies including: HotJobs (NASDAQ: HOTJ) – a pioneer in online recruiting; P-Com (NASDAQ: PCOM) – a communications infrastructure equipment supplier; Demand Media (NYSE: DMD) – a leading online media company; thePlatform – a developer of digital content software solutions; Agility Recovery Solutions – a leading disaster recovery provider; High End Systems – a premier manufacturer of intelligent lighting; ShopWiki – an advanced comparison shopping search engine; Donuts – a domain registry where he is a board observer; and iCrossing – a large independent, global interactive advertising agency.John graduated with a Bachelor of Arts in English with honors from Harvard College in 1982, where he was a John Harvard Scholar. John received his MBA from the Harvard Graduate School of Business in 1986.John is a member of the World Presidents’ Organization.Show more
- SEO, Video, Shopping
- Pre-Seed, Series A, Series C
- Azerbaijan, United States, United Kingdom
- Remox — Simplified and Collaborative Treasury Management for DAOs
- ShopWiki — Buying anything? ShopWiki has stores, products, and buying guides to help you find what and where to buy at the best price.
- iCrossing — iCrossing is a global Digital Marketing Agency with top talent and technologies. We help create seamless digital experiences. Learn more about our work, services, and capabilities.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) invests in changing lives. Through our financial investments, business services and work on policy reform, we're doing more than ever before to build open, market economies across 3 continents.Show more
- Financial Services, Banking, Finance
- Debt Financing, Series A, Series B
- Turkey, United States, Russian Federation
- İşbank — İşbank was founded by Great Leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk on the date of 26.08.1924. In the 91 years since its foundation, the Bank has made significant contributions to our country and taken various parts in their country’s development in many different fields, particularly in industry and trade. By the end of 2015, as the largest private bank inTurkey that has more than 25 thousand employees; around 1,400 local and overseas branches; the largest Bankamatik network in Turkey consisting of over 6,000 Bankamatiks; mobile banking, internet banking, telephone banking, and call center services, İşbank has provided its clients with access to banking services in the fastest way possible, and with the opportunity to choose, from a very wide range of financial products, the most convenient ones offered to them by the Bank and its affiliates.
- SeeTree — SeeTree offers you complete transparency into the health and production of each of your trees by leveraging the most powerful innovations available.
- Mplus — Mplus Group was founded in 2007 as a pioneer contact center provider in the Adriatic region and became the largest independent business process technology outsourcing (BPTO) company in Southeast Europe with a deep knowledge of the industry. M+ Group supports over 260 renowned regional and global customers from 32 locations today by successfullyintegrating dynamic industries of contact center, information technology and employment services into a cohesive service portfolio ready to tackle global challenges in the field of customer experience optimization.Mplus brings scalability and flexibility to its partners with a sharp focus on providing an efficient, high-quality service at a competitive cost and a secure IT infrastructure with state-of-the-art technology.
A new tool that blends your everyday work apps into one. It's the all-in-one workspace for you and your teamShow more
- Cryptocurrency, Blockchain, Software
- Pre-Seed, Seed, Private Equity
- United States, Singapore, Spain
As of October 2002, Azeo Ventures was acquired by Alven Capital Gestion. Azeo Ventures is a venture capital investment subsidiary of Eurazeo, a French investment company born of the merger between Eurafrance (Groupe Lazard) and Azeo (formerly known as Financiere & Industrielle Gaz et Eaux). The fund is dedicated to investing in the new economyfor the total amount of $55 million. Azeo Ventures invests in start-up and early venture companies in Internet services, technology and telecommunications. Their typical investment is between $1 million and $7 million per portfolio company (from the 1st round of financing until the introduction to the Stock Exchange). AZEO Ventures team generally requests a seat on the board of directors of the companies in which it invests. Founded in 2000, the company is headquartered in Paris, France. Azeo Ventures was formerly a subsidiary of Eurazeo.Show more
- Software, Marketing, 3D Technology
- Series A, Series C
- France, Azerbaijan
- 404 Found! — 404 Found offered customer relationship management services and software, and online marketing. The company ended its operations in 2002 in the aftermath of the bubble burst. At its peak, 404 Found! operated in France, Italy, Spain, Germany and the UK.The company helped start ups to define their Internet strategy and operational deployment byconducting sectoral studies, competing positioning, schedule of conditions, etc. In 2001, the consulting division of 404 Found! was acquired by Deloitte & Touche.
- Realviz SA — REALVIZ develops and markets interactive 2D image processing and 3D modeling tools for computer graphics professionals in the television advertising and programming, feature films, and corporate presentation market. REALVIZ applications enable users to easily and cost-effectively process 2D photos, video and cinematic images into computer-generatedimages, sequences, 3D camera tracks and 3D models for use in the creation of 3D animation and special effects.
Investors by country
United Arab Emirates
Isle of Man