Top 5 Startup Investors in TajikistanA list of 5 angel investors and VC funds that invest in startups based in Tajikistan. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in companies from Tajikistan. We update this investor list every month.
Top 5 Startup Investors in Tajikistan
We're a Prague-based VC firm investing in fast growing tech companies and empowering talented startup founders from Central and Eastern Europe.Show more
- Software, SaaS, Information Technology
- Seed, Pre-Seed, Series A
- Czech Republic, Georgia, Lithuania
- OutKept — De hoogste kwaliteit van phishing simulatie campagnes gecombineerd met trainingen en ondersteund door een community van ethische phishers.
- Magic ID — Magic empowers businesses and individuals with a privacy-first digital identity ecosystem that boosts engagement, drives new revenue, and fortifies sensitive data control.
- Blindspot Technologies — Blindspot protects your network from DDoS attacks with advanced technology. Uses machine learning to analyze, filter and protect your application from malicious traffic.
GCF was created to support the efforts of developing countries in responding to the challenge of climate change. It seeks to promote a paradigm shift to low-emission and climate-resilient development, taking into account the needs of nations that are particularly vulnerable to climate change impacts.Show more
- Financial Services, Energy, Banking
- Debt Financing, Post-IPO Debt
- Egypt, Tajikistan, Saudi Arabia
- ACWA Power — ACWA Power is a developer, investor, co-owner and operator of a portfolio of power generation, renewable energy and desalinated water production plants.
- IMON International — “IMON is one of the leading microfinance institutions (MFIs) in the region, and this investment provides an ideal opportunity for the Bank to support its transformation into a specialised bank,” said Ulf Hindstrom, Head of the EBRD’s Resident Office in Dushanbe. “IMON has already received a deposit-taking licence and is working towards becoming adedicated microfinance bank, able to offer banking services in a severely under-serviced market.”
- Qatar National Bank Alahli — Qatar National Bank Alahli is one of the leading financial institutions in Egypt established in April 1978 and ranked as the second-largest private bank in Egypt. Qatar National Bank Alahli provides its services for more than 1,284,417 clients served by 6,723 banking professionals with a network of 231 branches, along with 861 ATMs & 64,147Point-of-Sale to serve clients nationwide. Further, a distinctive Call center operates round the clock 7 days a week. Qatar National Bank Alahli provides dedicated products in corporate banking, financial advisory, project financing, structured financing, trade financing, cash management, and foreign exchange with its competitive offerings, it has managed to establish a strong bond with its various corporate clientele whether large domestic corporations, subsidiaries of multinational companies, medium caps, as well as SMEs.
The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development (EBRD) invests in changing lives. Through our financial investments, business services and work on policy reform, we're doing more than ever before to build open, market economies across 3 continents.Show more
- Financial Services, Banking, Finance
- Debt Financing, Series A, Series B
- Turkey, United States, Russian Federation
- İşbank — İşbank was founded by Great Leader Mustafa Kemal Atatürk on the date of 26.08.1924. In the 91 years since its foundation, the Bank has made significant contributions to our country and taken various parts in their country’s development in many different fields, particularly in industry and trade. By the end of 2015, as the largest private bank inTurkey that has more than 25 thousand employees; around 1,400 local and overseas branches; the largest Bankamatik network in Turkey consisting of over 6,000 Bankamatiks; mobile banking, internet banking, telephone banking, and call center services, İşbank has provided its clients with access to banking services in the fastest way possible, and with the opportunity to choose, from a very wide range of financial products, the most convenient ones offered to them by the Bank and its affiliates.
- SeeTree — SeeTree offers you complete transparency into the health and production of each of your trees by leveraging the most powerful innovations available.
- Mplus — Mplus Group was founded in 2007 as a pioneer contact center provider in the Adriatic region and became the largest independent business process technology outsourcing (BPTO) company in Southeast Europe with a deep knowledge of the industry. M+ Group supports over 260 renowned regional and global customers from 32 locations today by successfullyintegrating dynamic industries of contact center, information technology and employment services into a cohesive service portfolio ready to tackle global challenges in the field of customer experience optimization.Mplus brings scalability and flexibility to its partners with a sharp focus on providing an efficient, high-quality service at a competitive cost and a secure IT infrastructure with state-of-the-art technology.
Jefferson Capital Ltd. provides a large scope of investment solutions to professional and institutional investors.Show more
- Banking, FinTech, Finance
- Funding Round, Debt Financing
- Alif — Alif was founded in 2014 by Abdullo Kurbanov, Zuhursho Rahmatulloev, and Firdavs Mirzoev shortly after their return to Tajikistan after years of educational and professional activities abroad. Over the past five years, the company has developed into one of the leading fintech companies in the country, offering its clients a system of technologicaland financial solutions. Alif is the market leader in POS (Point-of-Sale) financing with its installment cards and overdrafts without commission. It is also the largest online B2C platform (alif.shop), the most widely used mobile wallet (alif.mobi) in the country, and an exclusive integrator with the country's largest advertisement website.These services are supported by several internal development programs: core banking, customer relationship management (CRM), mobile wallet, card processing, and an HR and recruitment system developed by Alif's team of more than 50 software engineers.Building on strengths, Alif also goes international by opening its first office in Uzbekistan. As an objective of the company, Alif is also focusing on making remittances cheaper and faster in Tajikistan and beyond.
Frontier Markets venture capitalShow more
- E-Commerce, Payments, Financial Services
- Seed, Series A, Funding Round
- Egypt, Singapore, India
- zypl.ai — zypl.ai applies 'no data' AI at scale to advance financial inclusion in emerging and frontier markets. Our SaaS solution enables banks and microfinance organizations to instantly and accurate underwrite loans, both offline and digitally, to consumers with limited or no credit history.zypl's proprietary approach includes training AImodels on synthetically generated data with simulation of 'black swan' conditions, providing stable and adaptable SaaS in spite of macro volatility in developing markets. Apart from analyzing traditional variables such as social, demographic, and professional background of clients, our SaaS reviews device metadata, psychometrics, web trace, and macroeconomic factors to arrive at credit decisions.In the process, we fully customize AI models to risk appetite of each individual enterprise partner with the goal of reflecting their competitive market advantages. Additionally, we offer complete flexibility on mode of integration through either cloud or on-premise deployment based on enterprise preference. We only deploy explainable AI models with embedded 'weight-of-evidence' interpretation of each decision made by the software, complying with emerging regulatory requirements on credit scoring.Having launched our beta last year, we have scaled presence to 10 enterprise clients in 4 markets across Central Asia. In this time, we have underwritten >$9 million in consumer and small business (services, trade, agriculture) loans to over 12 thousand consumers with staggeringly low 0.7% portfolio-at-risk rate. Since booking first revenue earlier this year, we have surpassed 25% compounded monthly growth rate and reached financial break-even this month.As a complement to credit scoring, our product team has ventured into churn prediction in telecom sector through partnerships with 3 leading telcos in Central Asia. Our rapid product iteration and development is a result of an AI Academy that we have launched to nurture talent internally.zypl.ai was ideated at Stanford University's Startup Garage and recently completed the Silkway Accelerator by Google for Startups and Astana Hub. Our startup was launched with a grant from the Islamic Development Bank as part of the Transform Fund. With our pre-seed capital raise, we plan on globalizing our AI SaaS solution by expanding to new markets in MENA, Southeast Asia, and Eastern Europe.
- AwanTunai — AwanTunai seek to reinforce Indonesian needs and productivity by providing digital loan for a better financial freedom and capability to micro-entrepreneurs
- IMAN — One-stop shop for Halal investing
Investors by country
United Arab Emirates
Isle of Man