Top 10 Startup Investors in BarbadosA list of 10 angel investors and VC funds that invest in startups based in Barbados. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in companies from Barbados. We update this investor list every month.
Top 10 Startup Investors in Barbados
Launched in 2014, Medici Ventures is a wholly owned subsidiary of Overstock.com, Inc., created to manage and oversee the company’s investments in firms building solutions leveraging and servicing blockchain technologies. Medici Ventures has a growing portfolio of groundbreaking new companies and tech businesses.Show more
- Blockchain, FinTech, Financial Services
- Series A, Funding Round, Seed
- United States, China, Israel
- SettleMint — SettleMint is a Blockchain technology company (with offices in Belgium, United Arab Emirates, Saudi Arabia, India and Singapore) & was incorporated in 2016 by Matthew Van Niekerk & Roderik van der Veer. They met in 2013 while devising & developing blockchain applications for KBC Securities, a large Belgian financial institution. Theyvery quickly realised that the promise of Blockchain technology far exceeded the boundaries of the financial world & would permeate industry & society entirely in the years to come. With the realisation that the technology will benefit organisations large and small, unlock incredible opportunities for society and move from a nascent to prevalent technology over the next 5 to 10 years, Matthew and Roderik set up SettleMint with a simple purpose, to make it easy for developers to integrate blockchain technologies into their applications. This product vision addresses the single biggest inhibitor to adoption, developer capabilities.SettleMint's core technology 'Mint' accelerates the path to leveraging the benefits of blockchain technology: whether those enterprises are looking to improve efficiency, to extend their current products to a new client segment or to completely reinvent an existing business model.Mint is a chain-agnostic node-wrapping technology including a suite of APIs, developer tools and frameworks that enable any software developer to build new Blockchain based applications or integrate Blockchain functionalities into existing solutions. Mint encapsulates years of R&D on the technical, operational & organisational aspects of Blockchain technology & packages this in fully documented APIs, micro-services, browser components and templates that strips away complexity and providing developers with the building blocks required to build full stack applications.Based on our development of 35+ fully functioning Blockchain applications & after having researched more than 500 known use cases, Mint covers 85% of the use cases for Blockchain technologies and radically reduces the time to market for users. Using Mint, integrating blockchain technologies into an application can take as little as 3 hours.So in short, it doesn’t matter if you are a startup or a big corporation, if you have decided that Blockchain technology should be part of your business or your vision for the future there is no faster solution to get you there.
- Nature Mobility — Nature Mobility is a mobile application platform.
- Upstream App — Upstream makes it simple to launch a DAO with its no-code, full-stack platform. No technical experience required.
We support entrepreneurs at every stage of their journey and build technology companies that generate a positive impact on society.Show more
- Software, SaaS, E-Commerce
- Seed, Series A, Series B
- Canada, United States, United Kingdom
- Novisto — Novisto's sustainability management software enables companies to create value from their ESG initiatives. Request a demo today!
- Plenty — Plenty makes it easy for modern partners to invest and plan for their future together. Effortlessly invest like the 1% and turn your goals and dreams into reality.
- Cohere — Cohere provides access to advanced Large Language Models and NLP tools through one easy-to-use API. Get started for free.
China Orient Ruichen Capital Co is an investment platform.Show more
- FinTech, Finance, Internet
- Seed, Series A
- China, Barbados
- Bridge Network — Bridge is a decentralized cross-chain interoperability protocol that allows the transfer of assets across supported blockchain networks in a seamless and user-friendly environment.
- Phoenix Finance — Phoenix Finance is an online platform established by Phoenix Satellite Television Holdings to provide intelligent financial services for Chinese investors worldwide.They partner with industry-leading financial institutions, gaining access to high quality financial products, and using proprietary financial models and algorithms to provide userswith a dynamic financial portfolio that meet their consumption and investing needs.They layer culture and social values into their products and services, creating a unique financial experience for their investors, building a reliable and trustworthy financial environment, and helping push the growth of inclusive finance.
Thesis-driven, industry-focused and independent blockchain investment firm funding the development of Web 3.0 and decentralized technologies from the heart of Europe, Frankfurt - GermanyShow more
- Blockchain, Software, Information Technology
- Seed, Pre-Seed, Funding Round
- United States, France, Estonia
- Collectibles.com — Collectibles.com is a Web3 community and marketplace for collectors and the worldwide collectibles sector.
- Rainmaker Games — The free global platform to play hundreds of play-to-earn games - connecting gamers, games, and guilds worldwide.
- Immortal Game — Immortal Game is a play-and-earn, free-to-play, Immortal game that introduces a layer of strategy to the most played board game.
CoinIX manages a portfolio of cryptocurrencies and assets. The investment focus for venture investments is Europe and with a strong focus on companies using distributed ledger technologies.Show more
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Information Technology
- Seed, Funding Round, Pre-Seed
- Germany, Israel, Switzerland
- asvin.io — asvin provides IoT lifecycle management for Software Supply Chains. We comply UNECE W.P29, UNECE R156 and UNECE R155. Contact us!
- Cadeia — Cadeia provides a digital platform for the structuring, issuance and settlement of complex financial products. In addition to enhanced servicing functionalities and a rule-based cash-flow distribution solution, the platform offers reporting, compliance and analytics tools for issuers and investors.
- XVA Blockchain — XVA Blockchain offers B2B data reporting for brokerage, asset management, and custody.
FJ Labs is a stage-agnostic investment firm that focuses on marketplaces and consumer facing startups.Show more
- E-Commerce, Software, Financial Services
- Seed, Series A, Series B
- United States, United Kingdom, Brazil
- Devolut — Devolut offers a product designed for businesses and enhancing customer experience. The Company uses intelligent algorithms to boost sales, reduce costs, and improve customer experience through reusable shipments and a real-time management portal.
- Principia — Principia develops and operates a digital platform that manages financial processes of universities. It is based in Sao Paulo, Brazil.
- Torch Dental — Torch Technology develops an all-in-one technology designed to meet dental practices supply ordering and inventory management needs. Torch Technology is based in New York, New York.
Founded in 2018, MEXC Global is a centralized exchange that employs a high-performance mega-transaction matching technology. The CEX platform is run by a team of professionals with extensive financial industries and blockchain technology experience.Show more
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Financial Services
- Seed, Series A, Funding Round
- United States, Germany, Singapore
- Megaton Finance — Deposit crypto, reap reward everyday
- Mystic Games — Mobile games developer of Call of the VoYd. Pushing Free to play Roguelite ARPGs to the next level.
- t3rn — t3rn is a hosting platform for smart contracts, that enables trustless, interoperable, multi-chain execution and composable collaboration.
Master Ventures is a blockchain focused venture studio. We combine visionary ideas, exceptional talent, and investment capital to invest and build the next generation of revolutionary blockchain businesses and products.Show more
- Blockchain, Gaming, Information Technology
- Seed, Funding Round, Initial Coin Offering
- United States, Singapore, Hong Kong
- Aether Games — Aether Games are the creative talent behind both of the widely expected NFT-based game titles: Gates of Ethernity and Cards of Ethernity. In addition, the studio's creative efforts are up to be represented by the CGI mini-series "Aether" and many more.
- HitBox Games — HitBox Games was founded by industry veterans to provide dev teams around the world with a transparent and ethical publishing option.
- Arcade2earn — Arcade2earn is the GameFi platform that gives its community the opportunity to earn access to the ecosystem.
Blumberg Capital is an early-stage venture capital firm specializing in leading Seed & Series A rounds and partnering with founders from inception to exit. Learn more.Show more
- Software, Financial Services, FinTech
- Series A, Seed, Series B
- United States, Israel, Germany
- Connectifi — Connectifi brings FDC3 interoperability to the cloud, making it broadly accessible across enterprises and enabling FDC3 to work anywhere - including, in browsers, mobile, desktop containers, and native applications. Connectifi provides organizations and platforms with the infrastructure to build and grow their ecosystems through interoperability while maintaining complete control over their security, data, and application technology.
- Field Materials, Inc. — Increase Margins and Cut Costs with Digital Procurement
- Prescient AI — Prescient is your premier state-of-the-art automation software that provides transparency and precise data insights for marketers and digital DTC brands alike. With the onset of a major shift toward a privacy-first internet, Prescient is the answer to fueling a brand’s success. Our tech helps you measure, forecast, optimize, and continuouslybacktest your marketing funnels with such meticulous accuracy that it saves you the two most important things in business: time and money.We know that the e-commerce space is changing and the internet is evolving. We’re here to set a new tone for the future of tech: predicted profitability. What if you could predict the success of your campaigns with such accuracy that you know your profit margins before advertising your product? Now, what if you could do that while maintaining the privacy of your customers? This is Prescient, and we’re changing the game with novel AI.We are rebuilding a sense of “trust in tech” through transparency in our partnerships and the software that we use every day in business. Have no fear — Prescient has your back, and together, we’re optimizing your business for long-term profitability.
For builders, by builders. We back great teams building great products.Show more
- Blockchain, Cryptocurrency, Software
- Seed, Funding Round, Series A
- United States, Singapore, Canada
- Lemon Cash — Lemon Cash is digital wallet with FIAT and crypto capabilities. End to end digital ecosystem for Latin America.
- Joepegs — Dive into Joepegs, the leading Web3 platform for NFTs and digital collectibles. As a cultural hub in the Web3 space, we offer secure buying, selling, and discovery of innovative digital assets.
- Lens Protocol — Lens Protocol is a composable and decentralized social graph, ready for you to build on so you can focus on creating a great experience, not scaling your users.
Investors by country
United Arab Emirates
Isle of Man