Top 5 Transportation VC Funds in RwandaA list of 5 VC funds that invest in Transportation startups based in Rwanda. We rank investors based on the number of investments they made in Transportation companies from Rwanda. We update this investor list every month.
Top 5 Transportation VC Funds in Rwanda
Impact venture builders dedicated to supporting the people and ideas that turn challenges in energy, agriculture, mobility, and waste into de-carbonized solutions for emerging and frontier markets.Show more
- Energy, Renewable Energy, Agriculture
- Seed, Series A, Angel
- United States, India, Kenya
- SunFi — SunFi tech solution help people access solar energy with installation and payment plans.
- Gateway.fm — GatewayFM is the first truly decentralized blockchain infra/node provider, with globally distributed, multichain infrastructure
- Beacon Power Services — Beacon Power Services is a utility company that provides energy management software and analytics for utilities.
U.S. International Development Finance Corporation (DFC) is America’s development bank. DFC partners with the private sector to finance solutions to the most critical challenges facing the developing world today. We invest in projects that create jobs in emerging markets in sectors including energy, healthcare, critical infrastructure,telecommunications, and financing for small businesses and women entrepreneurs. DFC investments adhere to high standards and respect the environment, human rights, and worker rights.Show more
- Financial Services, Finance, FinTech
- Debt Financing, Post-IPO Debt, Funding Round
- India, United States, Kenya
- TerraPay — Accelerating business growth with uninterrupted global payouts and collections
- TechMet — TechMet Ltd backs world-class teams and makes direct investments into companies and assets across the value chain.
- Kentegra Biotechnology Holdings LLC — Kentegra Biotechnology Holdings is a leading U.S-Kenyan company that supports a Kenyan-based biopesticide processing business that aggregates, extracts, and refines pale refine extract (PRE) from the pyrethrum flower, and sells the PRE to formulators across the world. Kentegra is committed to improving farmer’s livelihoods by investing in thecommunities where we are working to help farmers and their families have a more stable income and better quality of life.Grants: Norad 2021, AgriFi 2020, USAID 2020, USAID 2019, DEG 2020, DEG 2019
VestedWorld is an early-stage venture capital firm that invests in emerging markets companies that have the potential to generate competitive financial returns while contributing towards the growth and development of the markets in which they are located. The firm supports these businesses through the infusion of capital, active involvement incorporate governance, and by providing direct strategic and operational assistance.Show more
- Agriculture, E-Commerce, Financial Services
- Seed, Series A, Series B
- Nigeria, Kenya, Ghana
- FarmWorks — FarmWorks is an agricultural technology company that gives farmers access to farm inputs as well as a market for the produce .FarmWork is to unlock agricultural potential by building clusters of mid-sized farms while working with thousands of small-holder farmers and establishing direct linkage to local and global markets.
- EMTECH — For Modern Central Banking
- Complete Farmer — We are providing cutting-edge technological farming protocols and innovations with a unique business model and logistics that are revolutionizing...
TotalEnergies Ventures is the venture capital arm of Total.As part of Total's commitment to a better energy future, TotalEnergies Ventures is focused on finding, funding and fostering high-potential start-ups which will contribute to creating a low carbon future.Current areas of interest include Renewables, Distributed Energy, NewMobility, Energy Access, Energy Storage, Bio-Plastics, Circular Economy, Carbon Capture and Hydrogen.Show more
- Energy, Renewable Energy, Transportation
- Series B, Funding Round, Series C
- United States, France, United Kingdom
- Autogrid — Building a Resilient and Sustainable Grid with Distributed Energy Resources. Enabling a smarter, cleaner, more distributed electric power grid.
- 45-8 ENERGY — 45-8 ENERGY is exploring eco-friendly helium for uses in many industries.
- Zola Electric — ZOLA Electric designs renewable energy solutions based on the latest in solar, battery and power electronics technology. Adaptable to energy need and income, ZOLA Electric’s solar systems can be bought over time using PAYGo micro-finance leasing and mobile money payments. ZOLA Electric powers more than 180,000 homes and businesses across Tanzania,Rwanda, Côte d’Ivoire and Ghana. Investors include Tesla, Vulcan Capital, DBL Partners, Helios Investment Partners, EDF, Total and GE Ventures. ZOLA Electric is a recipient of the UN Momentum for Change Award, the Zayed Future Energy Prize and is a member of the Global Cleantech 100.
The Ecosystem Integrity Fund (“EIF”) is a venture capital firm that invests in early-stage companies contributing to environmental sustainability. It seeks to demonstrate that there is no trade-off between having a positive impact and achieving outstanding financial returns. The movement toward environmental sustainability is making incrementalimprovements to the largest industries in the world. Over the next several decades, the economy will be transformed by this movement.Sustainability is fundamentally about making things better: more efficient, more functional, less toxic, less costly. This is the next phase of the Industrial Revolution.Show more
- Energy, Renewable Energy, Solar
- Series A, Series B, Funding Round
- United States, Norway, Rwanda
- Liminal — Advanced battery inspection and metrology with ultrasound and machine learning
- Battery Smart — Battery Smart provides advanced Li-ion batteries to e-rickshaws. Battery Smart develops a retrofittable 48V Li-ion twin battery system that is compatible with all major electric rickshaw (e3w) models.
- Vibrant Planet — Data-driven science and cloud-based technology to help make communities and ecosystems more resilient in the face of climate change.
Investors by country
United Arab Emirates
Isle of Man